Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Witcher Sweatshirt

I'm feeling very cynical today, so I'll apologize in advance to anyone who might feel offended by my ramblings.
An year ago, we had a stupid questions and answers discussion at University. You had to stand up in front of people and every single on of them, had to ask you a  question. We had this girl who was talking about her recent boyfriend which she was dead sure was THE ONE
And she was talking with such reassurance about him, about how he loved her so much, he would never leave her etc. So I asked her: "How do you know, he's the one, how do you know, he'll be with you forever?". And her answer was, "Well because of the way he behaves and what he says to me"... Fair enough. We've all been there, we've all been chocked pleasantly, masochistically by love and we've all thought that this guy/girl is gonna stick with us for sure, until the next one, and the next one... 


This answer didn't satisfy me though, and I waned to ask a lot more questions, but people would get offended again, so I just shut up. The things I wanted to ask were: "Yes, but are you really really sure, he won't leave you if, we say...you go blind? What if you had a car accident and they amputate your legs, what if your beautiful hair falls out. Is he the kind of person who would take care of you, whether you look like a supermodel or a piece of rotting meat?". 

And this always reminds me of the famous Chuck Palahniuk quote from Invisible Monsters: "No matter how much you think you love somebody, you'll step back when the pool of their blood edges up too close". 
(spoilers ahead!)
The book tells the story of a  gorgeous model, with friends, money, boyfriend and everything a person would ever want. Until the day she decides to inflict so much damage on her beautiful face, that it lefts her looking like a monster.
 And it's a beautiful concept (at least for me) to be so tired and sick of the superficial world, you damage yourself beyond saving, and just stand and stare from a distance, of how the world reacts to it. 


But when you're an average human being, everything is in a perfect balanced bubble. You live in that bubble that you created and believe it is the only world  that exists. You believe people will behave in a certain way, you believe when someone says he loves you, you believe in an invisible order.

Have you read the book? What are your thoughts on it? :) 

Fashiony part: I know this outfit is the same as the one from few weeks ago, but I wanted to show off my Witcher sweatshirt. Best 13$ I ever spent!

Bag- Nowistyle, Shorts- Egoist, Boots- Clarks, Shirt-Zara (second hand)  




22 comments:

  1. You look so pretty! I really like your style. cool ...

    naomihtris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read this book before, but it is something I fear if I were to ever be in a relationship! Like what if all my hair fell out or I got really fat? WHO WOULD LOVE ME? At least I've got my somewhat charming personality going for me. But even that doesn't always make due.

    So yep, I totally think of these things. Good little discussion, Mizz Keit.

    Now that we have talked about our shallow exteriors, I'll talk about what I like about your outfit, haha! I really do like your hair up in a little ponytail like that. And ugh, I will always love those boots!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that quote, and I love you for posting it!

    Macie,
    AMEN FASHION

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this look, you look absolutely fierce :)

    Hayfa
    http://londonloafers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read the book, but I might check it out!
    Like the shirt and LOVE the new header :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard about this book but it does sound like something I would even read (the theme reminds me of the film Beastly a bit).
    by the way, it indeed is a fierce sweatshirt and when it comes to the questions you asked from that girl then I totally get you. I actually think the same way as you do ;)

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing wrong with remixing the same items, bro! I try to do it as often as I can. I'm spending way too much money on clothes and I've got plenty that hasn't been worn enough. ;) Beautiful colors in this outfit! Great layering! The boots are awesome!

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ** ModCloth Glasses Giveaway on my blog! U.S. & Canada Only! **

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo Look at you in your new banner all "Lady in red". (Sorry if it's actually not that new and I'm just commenting now).
    Love how you've got the casual tied shirt and edgy boots look down. Great as always!

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of that book, but it sounds interesting! Would be a good topic of discussion it sounds like. Wish I could look this put together and stylish in a sweatshirt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's the first time I come into your blog, I like it very much!I follow you now on GFC, if you like my blog follow me back, it'd be a pleasure for me! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just wanted to say that I really enjoy your blog! Keep up the great work ♡

    PS: May I invite you to my huge Birthday Giveaway?

    Win 3 amazing prices with a total value of $650 on my blog:

    www.freshminhtea.com

    ONLY 12 HOURS LEFT TO ENTER!

    ReplyDelete
  12. First of all, трябва да прочета тази книга! И освен това, както винаги си страхотна! Точно такива ботуши искам и аз :D

    Плами

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOWWW i am completely in love with this outfit!!!
    it reminds me a little bit of rihanna's style ;)
    *********
    HF
    http://the-hf-blog.blogspot.pt/
    https://www.facebook.com/HF1BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would so love to read that book. I have never thought of someone as THE ONE. Hmm.

    Love your shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would so love to read that book. I have never thought of someone as THE ONE. Hmm.

    Love your shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely LOVE your new header Kate, your site is looking FIERCE!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your boots! they are amazing<3

    lifeisbetterblondewiths.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I read that book a long time ago... it's still on my bookshelf, I think I'll have to reread it but the quote you used really is quite true. As for the fashion-y part, I love your boots. You rock them like no one else could!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great post!! I like your blog. Maybe you can visit my blog and follow me in gfc and bloglovin.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the way you styled this sweater. You've always have that grunge look and I love it! =D
    Well, regarding the topic you touched on, I don't think anyone can be sure of what will happen tomorrow. There's no guarantee in this world. I believe in living for today. Things come and go. Even our own lives. Yesterday is history and tomorrow is a mystery. So what is happening now, I better make it hell-of-a-great history! When tomorrow comes, I will deal with it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Блузата е много яка.

    http://thevulgariangirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment on the bloggy! It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside!